Why attend ONA18?
There’s no better place than the Online News Association’s annual conference to learn about the latest digital trends from industry leaders, test new tools and connect with peers to share your work. We’re committed to continuing that tradition — bringing together the brightest minds in digital journalism to share innovative ideas and imagine what’s possible for the future.
Reasons to attend ONA18:
- Improve your work: In our post-conference survey (yes, we really read every answer), the top reason people cite for attending our events is to learn. The conference represents an incredible cross-section of best practices and smart problem-solvers that will help you level up your work. Some discussions may prompt you to think about an ongoing problem in a new light and others may just give you that next big moonshot idea.
- Get efficient: Find tools and workflow tips that will help you get your work done smarter and more efficiently so you can focus on those big-picture needs. Are you a manager or executive? We’ve got plenty of ideas for improving team structure and developing new partnerships.
- Get recognized: ONA18 is a chance for you and your organization to show everyone — including talented recruits — what contributions you’re making to the industry. Whether you’re presenting, showcasing your work as a finalist for the Online Journalism Awards, or just being an all-star at our many, many networking events, the conference represents the one of the best places in journalism to shine.
- Get focused: Learn about upcoming trends and think about the challenges you face, both in your reporting and in your work environment. Our conference can help you set your strategic priorities for the next year.
- Build your cohort: Find like-minded folks that you can connect with during and after the conference to kick around ideas and problem-solve common issues together. A number of Slack and Facebook groups for digital journalism have their roots in past ONA events!
- Save money: We have an incredible amount of terrific sponsors who put a lot of resources — not just money, but also tools, time and talent — into making this event happen. What that means for you is that there’s no more efficient way to collectively achieve everything listed above. We’ve got it all, under one roof, distilled into three packed days. There’s bang for your buck here.
New to the ONA conference? Get ready for a warm welcome! Every year we host a fun and practical First-Timers’ Orientation specifically designed for you. You’ll get tips on how to navigate the conference offerings and get the most out of your ONA18 experience.